Tuesday, November 15, 2011

When The Work Was New







--  There She Blows -- 

When the Work was New --
It was Easy to do --
Though we worked 10 Times Harder than we do now --
It did not seem So Hard Somehow --
It did not seem So Hard Somehow.






 

When I first Loved you --
Baby sometimes I Still Do --
Only a Miracle would make me Break My Vow --
It would Not take So Much now --
NO -- It Would Not Take SO Much now.









They ought to take me Out and Shoot me --
Do me a favor and and Do me --
Put me out of my Misery Like a Broken Horse --
I don’t mind dying – I’m Lying, of course.












Now when the Axe Comes Down --
You stand up and look around --
And where the buildings stood, there's Only Empty Air --
And where Your True Love Laughed
Now there's No One there--
And where your Old Man was--
Now there's No One there.








They ought to Shoot me --
Do me a favor and and Do me --
Put me out of my Misery Like a Broken Horse --
I don’t mind dying – I’m Lying, of course.







I drink too much, I drink too fast
Whether a bottle to a glass
From Chateauneuf-du-Pape to Thunderbird --
I Prefer My Senses Blurred --
I Prefer My Senses Blurred -- 

I Prefer My Senses Blurred. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it. A nice photo interpretation --great with and without the music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nin. I love the song (which is Peter Blegvad's rockiest number, I think) and the pictures came to me all of a sudden. Blegvad has remarked that the song arose from his experience in New York City during the onset of the AIDS crisis, which I find interesting as a detail even though I don't know what circumstances he's referencing. If you like this song (and you're unfamiliar with Blegvad's work, which you may be -- many people are), I think you'd like his albums Downtime, King Strut and Other Stories, Just Woke Up and Hangman's Hill. Like you, he is also a visual artist and for years wrote a popular comic strip called Leviathan in the Independent On Sunday in London. (The work was ultimately collected in The Book of Leviathan.) His original band, Slapp Happy, were miraculous. Curtis

    ReplyDelete