Sunday, February 10, 2013

YEAR OF THE SNAKE (THAT'S ALRIGHT BY ME)







Nervous words and empty motions

Claim symptoms just too plain to pass

I don't know where you think you're going

But you have drained my love at last






Tomorrow I'll be slowly moving

I can't waste all my days the same

Don't stop to think of where I might be

Don't stop to figure who's to blame







The clock chimes four you'll turn again then

To take pursuit of empty dreams

My sensitivity is dying

You're bound to some day think of me






So now this house has grown too small

Don't think of how it used to be

You say you live now in tomorrow

And there I sense you don't see me




 




Note:  Kind soul gazzaw2004 added Gene's Clark's great song "That's Alright By Me" onto youtube, making sharing it irresistible.


I rearranged the order of the verses for the page as a tribute to Gene's earlier, bolder effort reordering Bob Dylan's Mr. Tambourine Man lyric on Firebyrd. 


Gene Clark's talent was precious and endures.  And but for the sky there are no fences facing.


That's Alright By Me -- Gene Clark (Link)

No comments:

Post a Comment