Wednesday, September 4, 2013

CANT-DO (CROTCHET CASTLE)







MR CROTCHET
Sir, ancient sculpture is the true school of modesty. But where the Greeks had modesty, we have cant; where they had poetry, we have cant; where they had patriotism, we have cant; where they had any thing that exalts, delights, or adorns humanity, we have nothing but cant, cant, cant. And, sir, to show my contempt for cant in all its shapes, I have adorned my house with the Greek Venus, in all her shapes, and am ready to fight her battle against all the societies that ever were instituted for the suppression of truth and beauty.
   
THE REV DR FOLLIOTT
My dear sir, I am afraid you are growing warm. Pray be cool. Nothing contributes so much to good digestion as to be perfectly cool after dinner.  




Note:  Today I explained to Jane (again) that it’s a battle that’s part of a war, and that we didn’t start the war, but we’re going to win it and they’ll be sorry, or my name isn't Jack Reacher .





No comments:

Post a Comment